Our client is a major refinery in the Los Angeles area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are seeking Plant Controller to join their refinery team in the South Bay.
Under direction of the Corporate Controller, the Plant Controller provides direction, leadership and supervision of all the accounting, hydrocarbon charge and yield, and various financial activities for the Refinery.
• Provide direction, leadership and development of Finance Staff.
• Manage and coordinate activities of Yield/Shipment Accounting with the Corporate Charge & Yield Manager. Ensures proper controls for custody transfers, quality data is issued and available, daily and monthly charge and yield report is issued within Corporate Requirements.
• Manage and coordinate General Accounting activities. Includes analyzing accounts for accuracy, month-end accruals, capital / turnaround versus operating expense decisions posting of journal vouches, reconciliations, and manage reserve accounts.
• Serve as liaison between refinery operations and corporate finance/accounting staff.
• Coordinate the development and submission of the annual operating budgets.
• Provide timely financial reports and analysis to Corporate Controller and Refinery Leadership.
• Oversees SOX compliance and internal control environment to protect the integrity of financial information and custody of company assets.
• Manage and coordinate site level TRACK organization (contractor time and equipment administration and management)
• Liaison and provide coordination for Corporate activities such as Audit, Tax, Legal, etc. as required.
• Ensure all transactions of a material nature are given proper accounting recognition and amounts reported are consistent with prior reports.
• The ability to analyze situations and determine the proper disposition of problems and questions that arise in performing account analyses.
• Responsible for following safety rules and procedures set forth by the company and ensuring all direct reports, also, comply.
• Degree in Accounting
• 10 years related experience (5 yrs Petroleum industry experience required, with other non-petroleum related experience, i.e., chemical)
• Requires excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and strong analytic skills
• SAP required