Our client is forward thinking Engineering and Logistics firm with a growing national presence headquartered in California.
They are looking for an IT Manager to be the operational leader of the IT department based in their Signal Hill, CA Office
This person will be responsible for the day to day management of Infrastructure and Client Services systems and staff. The IT Manager’s primary role will be to measure IT service delivery and facilitate continuous improvement for the people, processes, technologies and vendor services supporting the companies technology.
This person will also be responsible for:
- Ultimate responsibility for ownership of all customer incidents, service requests and Infrastructure Changes and Releases
- Responsible for setting SLAs and quality standards as well as measuring performance and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to meet the demands of the rapidly growing business
- Management of critical customer incidents, associated customer communication, activities and any appropriate escalations.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis Exercises to identify and resolve underlying issues
- Play an active role in Project Management for the Infrastructure and Client Services teams to manage timelines, resources and deliverables.
- To review performance reports and service quality metrics identifying opportunities to utilize monitors, automation and process maturation to facilitate continuous improvement.
- To provide management and performance reports
- Manage and collaborate with third party vendors/suppliers where appropriate and ensure that their service performance and quality is in line with our expectations and enables us to meet or exceed service levels
- To continually measure, monitor and work to drive down incident levels. This will relate to Product and Customer problems.
- Responsible for making sure that working practices and processes exist, are robust, where ever possible are standardized and repeatable and support the Service Desk team day to day activities.
- To ensure that the Service Desk is fully using appropriate knowledge management tools and practices in order to provide a more effective and efficient service to customers.
- Work with leadership as we evolve to implement DevOps to ensure the effective and efficient transfer of customer systems into the Service Desk team from prior to go-live or new releases
- To design and implement new services for customers
- Leading and managing the Service Desk team to ensure team and individual performance levels meet client needs consistently.
- To ensure continual development of the team and individuals takes place and that potential is achieved.
- Demonstrable experience of managing an IT Service Desk
- ITIL Service Delivery certification
- Active knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Project Management Experience
- Strong emphasis on details
- The ability to handle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Atlassian Jira
- Adequate knowledge of Networking, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and DFS
- Physical and logical data security
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 Years Experience in IT Management
- ITIL Certification
- A.S. in Computer Science, Networking, or related field preferred
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program (with employer matching), direct deposit, and PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer