Required Skills, Training, and Experience to Perform the Essential Functions:
- Good leadership / Management skills.
- 5 years in a supervisory role in a machine shop manufacturing environment.
- Able to program machines using “G & M” code.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management / inventory control of raw material and tooling.
- Working Knowledge of GD&T / Blue print interpretation.
Essential Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises Machine Shop Supervisors and Leads, as necessary.
- Manages and trains new employees on company processes and safety procedures.
- Work as liaison between the shop and QC dept. manufacturing rep in MRB meetings.
- Works with Planning to set the daily work schedule for machines and personnel.
- Works with Engineering to ensure that the Preventative Maintenance schedule is performed on all facility equipment.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reports necessary repairs to direct supervisor.
- Collects in process critical dimensional data, insuring that all Statistical Process Control (SPC) requirements are met.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintain and update current SOP (Standard Operating Processes).
- Develop and focus efforts toward goals and objectives that delivers tangible quality to our customers and maintain the suitability of our Quality Management System.
- Oversees the daily department production activity and facilitates departmental workflow.
- Engages with all internal department heads to achieve a good working environment.
- Ensures quality of all daily manufactured products and on-time delivery of defect-free products, which meet or exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Perform other duties as may be periodically assigned.
- Identify and correct any possible safety hazards.
- Setup and run machines as necessary.
- Work with Engineering on process improvements and new product introduction.
Training / Performance Requirements:
- Completion of a Leadership / Manufacturing training course.
High School Diploma
Ability to read and write in English; secondary language skill are desirable but not required.
Basic Microsoft, Excel, Word.
Knowledge and understanding of how a standard ERP system functions.
Certificates and Licenses:
5S, or Lean Manufacturing certificate (preferred).
CNC programming, Manufacturing, Machinist certificate (preferred)