Our client is an oil and natural gas exploration and production company operating high-growth, high-return conventional and unconventional assets in California. They explore for, produce, gather, process and market crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids. They make significant use of proven modern technologies to enhance safety and efficient production across they’re leading mineral acreage position and diverse portfolio.
They are looking HSE Technician to support HSE Staff and Operations Personnel to ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental, and Risk requirements through the use of a variety of Computer based databases, software, SharePoint sites, and reporting based in Long Beach, CA.
This person will be responsible for:
- Preparing and presenting HSE procedures and training materials which requires expert Word Processing and PowerPoint skills
- Required to make periodic trips to the field locations.
- Optimize the Health, Environmental, Safety and Risk program compliance through teamwork and computer based processes.
- Support other HSE and Asset initiatives and programs.
- Under the mentorship of the HSE Staff, develop a thorough working knowledge of the company’s health, environmental, safety, risk, and facility regulatory compliance requirements, processes and procedures.
- Maintain, coordinate and update the HSE Websites and Materials for the Department.
- Maintain the Incident Investigation Tracking system and develop monthly KPIs from the data.
- Act as scribe during PHA’s, MOC Committee meetings, and Incident Investigation which utilize different database applications.
- Maintain and manage the SDS on-line systems and field databases, including the Chemical Change request process.
- Oversee and manage the Business Unit’s computer data based action tracking systems (1148.2, KMS, Training Mine) that result from Risk Assessments, HSE and Operations Audits and Assessments, and MOCs.
- Field verification of closure of action items for PSSRs, MOCs, Risk Assessments, and other HES KMS tracked action items from Level 1,2, and 3 assessments
- Coordination between the asset and regulatory agencies, including building permit coordination with the Port of Long Beach, city, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Work with Operations and HSE Personnel to develop procedures and training materials that can be multi-media intensive.
- During Incident Command Systems drills and exercises fill the roles of Documentation Unit Leader.
- Coordinate the overall HSE Department website/SharePoint maintenance and associate programs.
- Coordinate with the HSE Department, Advisors, and Technicians and develop a monthly report for all HSE Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Will require pulling information and creating reports from a variety of different computer based files and databases.
- Coordinate and support HSE Department and Advisors meetings and trainings.
- 9/80 schedule will include office and some Field work
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and SharePoint.
- Type >50 WPM
- Excel Development, VBA, Data Management
- SQL Knowledge
- Functional Knowledge around multiple HSE Applications – list in resume what applications have been used
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Willing to learn constantly evolving Health, Safety, Environmental, and Risk requirements, codes, and standards. Must be a Team player. Must be open to debate and constant dialog. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and field operations personnel
- Willing to travel to Ventura or Bakersfield up to 25% of the time which could require arrival to the worksite by 6:00 am
- Ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities, schedules, and deadlines with little forewarning
- Ability to experiment with and learn different processes, databases, and software packages quickly
- Ability to develop professional interactive presentations that utilize charts and graphs that are created from data across multiple files and databases.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program (with employer matching), direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer