CEQA/NEPA Project Planner/Manager
Our client is an employee owned Environmental, Engineering, and Construction Services firm with over 70 years of experience. They have over a dozen offices across the west coast, where they execute on Energy, Facilities, Land Development, Water, and Transportation related projects.
They are looking for a CEPA/NEPA Project Manager to prepare the impact analyses for challenging projects, processing documents through the state and/or federal environmental reviews, as well as supporting project management for public and private sector clients based in their Santa Ana or Pasadena office.
This person will also be responsible for developing California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents and related permitting reports for transportation infrastructure and other projects.
We are looking for an advancing environmental planning professional with strong working knowledge in CEQA/NEPA review and 5-10+ years of experience in the Southern California market who is known for delivering high-quality documents and services particularly for transportation infrastructure clients (i.e., CalTrans). The ideal candidate will be looking for career growth, increasing responsibilities and team building opportunities in an entrepreneurial setting.
- Prepare logical, well-written, comprehensive, and legally defensible analyses for use in CEQA/NEPA documents
- Manage CEQA/NEPA process and coordinates with the project team to ensure delivery of compliant technical work products on schedule and within budget
- Provide technical reviews of sub-consultant work products
- Communicate with clients in a professional and responsive manner
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for and participates in public meetings
- Prepare scopes of work and fees for proposals, and coordinates with sub-consultants
- Participate in marketing events, pre-bid meetings, and interviews
- Assist with marketing activities
- Assist with creating a cooperative team-centered culture and mentoring staff
- Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, urban development, planning, policy or related field is required; a master's degree is preferred
- 5 - 10 years of experience in preparing CEQA/NEPA studies that depict an ability to prepare legally defensible documents for increasingly complex and/or controversial projects
- Demonstrated success (+/- 4 years of experience) in providing CEQA/NEPA analysis/document preparation services for transportation agency clients including Caltrans
- Client references and/or letters of commendation
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Valid driver's license and be able to meet company insurance requirements for driving
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Benefits Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible and alternative work schedules
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short and long-term disability
- Professional development and licensing reimbursement
- Performance and career development programs
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer