The position of Industrial Engineer will design, develop, and install components of engineering projects that will result in cost-effective methods of manufacturing superior quality products and fair and equitable manufacturing operating standards.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications.
2. Work with Procurement and Quality Teams as needed to develop and meet all safety and quality requirements.
3. Evaluate and authorize process design changes, specification and drawing releases, and coordinate such activities with customer technical teams.
4. Evaluate and write Corrective Action Reports, and follow through on implementation of rework and process changes.
5. Work closely with Engineering, Production Supervisors, and Suppliers, etc. to drive continuous improvements to existing product lines in a manufacturing environment. This will include:
Promote Lean philosophy and techniques to all levels of plant personnel.
Work with teams to provide lean tools to meet manufacturing objectives.
Implement systems for efficiency and quality improvement.
Aid in the work cell layout, design, development and implementation of cell-based manufacturing.
Lead process mapping and Kaizen events for product lines.
Create and maintain standard work process documentation, and visual work instructions.
Track and publish savings and progress of Lean Initiatives.
6. Design tool/fixture equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
7. Establish equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
8. Support day to day operations.
9. Work with all teams and departments in a manner that supports the production plan and the Customer’s delivery requirements. Identify barriers to successful production, and help drive the push toward resolution and elimination of those barriers.
10. Help develop and maintain applicable product measures such as on time delivery, inventory, lead times, etc.
11. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
12. Follows company rules and procedures.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
BS in Industrial or mechanical engineering (or equivalent).
0 to 2 years of experience in manufacturing, preferably sewing construction experience.
Recent college graduate to two years of detailed, in-depth experience a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Prior experience working with MRP systems is desirable.
Must be able to demonstrate proven experience in the successful application of lean techniques.Use of AutoCAD
Must be able to read drawings/blueprints
Must be able to demonstrate proven experience in the successful application of lean techniques.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram formats.
Working knowledge of database, MS Project, AutoCad, Excel, Costpoint, solid modeling & design tools, word processing software.
Project management and planning skills.