Senior Coordinator, NW Technical Issues (Regulatory)
Our client is one of the nation’s oldest non-profit trade associations. They work to build a better understanding of relevant industry issues by government leaders, regulators, the media, and the public.
They support and disseminate accurate information on issues and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on these matters.
They are looking for a Senior Coordinator to provide technical expertise and related insights in Bellingham, Washington Area (or Lacy/Olympia).
Must have Technical Degree
Regulatory experience in air, water, and water with optimally refinery experience
This person will also be responsible for leading technical committees addressing water quality, air quality, fuels, process safety management and climate change for rulemaking that affects refining; drafting industry positions and preparing comment letters to regulatory agencies as needed. Represents industry on various industry, water, air, safety, fuels and climate change technical working groups. Dealing with regulatory agencies is the key to this position especially in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Reports to Manager, Northwest Region
- Staff Lead for the WA Climate Technical Committee
- Staff Lead for NW LCFS Committee
- Staff Lead for NW Environmental Committee, including subcommittees:
- NW Air Subcommittee
- NW Water Subcommittee
- Staff Lead for NW PSM Committee
- Staff Lead for NW Health & Safety Committee
- Staff Lead for NW Pressure Vessel Committee
- Staff Lead for Oil Spill Regulatory Work Group (cross-regional)
- Staff Lead for Marine Committee (cross-regional)
- Lead technical committees through consensus process to draft industry policy positions and prepare correspondence to regulatory agencies as needed
- Directs and reviews the work of Associations retained technical contractors
- Works with Associations NW Refining Committee, NW PRG Members, Lobbyists, OR and WA State Strategic Consultants to manage climate issues critical to the petroleum industry
- Represents Association on various climate change technical working groups
- Acts as a technical resource to the NW PRG on legislative issues at the Manager and the PRG’s direction
- Works with Government and External Affairs team to engage stakeholders and identify grassroots and communications support needs in NW region
- Work with Associations communications staff to proactively support needs in NW region
- Understands and follows all Associations policies in government and external affairs activities, including Associations’ antitrust and employee policies
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Medical – HMO and PPO options, CLIENT pays 80% of the premium
Dental – HMO and PPO options, CLIENT pays 80% of the premium
Life insurance – 4x annual salary – paid 100% by CLIENT
Disability insurance – paid 100% by CLIENT
Defined benefit pension plan
401(k) plan with an employer match of up to 6%
Three weeks of paid vacation per year
Paid Holidays (10)
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer