Senior Coordinator, California Technical Issues (Regulatory)
Our client is one of the nation’s oldest non-profit trade associations. They work to build a better understanding of relevant industry issues by government leaders, regulators, the media, and the public. They support and disseminate accurate information on issues and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on these matters. This organization supports the Oil & Gas industry by providing regulatory support, public relations and advocacy activities.
They are looking for a Senior Coordinator to provide technical expertise and related insights in Sacramento, CA.
This person will also be responsible for leading technical committees addressing water quality, air quality, fuels, process safety management and climate change for rulemaking that affects refining; drafting industry positions and preparing comment letters to regulatory agencies as needed. Represents industry on various industry, water, air, safety, fuels and climate change technical working groups. Dealing with regulatory agencies is the key to this position especially in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Reports to Vice President, Operations
- Staff Lead for CA Fuels/LCFS Committee
- Staff Lead for Air Management Committee
- Staff Lead for Environmental Marketing Committee
- Staff Lead for Pipeline Committee
- Staff Lead for SW Fuels Committee
- Staff Lead for Diesel Committee
- Staff Lead for CA Process Safety Management Committee
- Staff Lead for Marine Committee (CA portion)
- Staff Support for the CPRG Refinery Safety Ad Hoc
- Directs and reviews the work of association retained technical contractors
- Works with association Members, Lobbyists, CA State Strategic Consultants to manage LCFS-related issues critical to the petroleum industry
- Represents association on various CA technical working groups
- Works with Government and External Affairs team to engage stakeholders and identify grassroots and communications support needs in California
- Work with association communications staff to proactively support needs in California
- Understands and follows all association policies in government and external affairs activities, including association’s antitrust and employee policies
Must have a technical degree
Regulatory experience in air, water, and water with optimally refinery experience
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Medical – HMO and PPO options, CLIENT pays 80% of the premium
Dental – HMO and PPO options, CLIENT pays 80% of the premium
Life insurance – 4x annual salary – paid 100% by CLIENT
Disability insurance – paid 100% by CLIENT
Defined benefit pension plan
401(k) plan with an employer match of up to 6%
Three weeks of paid vacation per year
Paid Holidays (10)
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer