Our client is a nationally recoginized provider of Program Management, Construction Management, Design, and Engineering services to the energy, transportation, education and facilities, and water industries. Their portfolio of high profile clients include some of the major utility agencies in California.
The are looking for a Project Engineer for their Energy group in San Diego,CA.
Under limited direction of the Gas Transmission Director, the Project Engineer is responsible for the planning, delivery and successful completion of mid-scale construction projects (from $50K to $2M) which will allow for the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to existing and future customers.
• Provides management with strong technical leadership to resolve project issues, such as permitting, scheduling, etc.
• Develop, manage, and drive a given budget and project schedule. This includes coordinating with stakeholders, updating budgets, developing and implementing a project schedule, identifying project risks, coordinating communication and meetings with key stakeholder groups.
• Develops and obtains approval of scope, cost, quality and schedule parameters/risk management.
• Capable of managing an aggregate of projects; including prioritization of projects based on key business drivers, identification of aggregate portfolio risks, identification and application of necessary process improvements to a workflow process, application of accountability metrics, as well as forecasting and coordinating key resources types.
• Advises staff concerning compliance with company safety standards.
• May perform independent research to find innovative and cost effective solutions to operational problems.
• Provides engineering support including calculations, analysis, research and design.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
• BS in Engineering
• 5 years responsible experience in planning, design and construction of gas utility projects
• Licensure as a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of California is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Employment authorization to work in the United States immediately
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!